Accredited course now called(Strategic Narrative Embodiment – Transformative facilitation for organisations
This course is presented online as an eFacilitation course in partnership with the University of the Witwatersrand.
Can these tools work for you?
Tools that allow you to:
- Structure the experience while allowing fluid, playful interaction
- Focus on the needs of the client and yet open up possibilities for new ideas
Strategic allowing you to meet and exceed client needs and expectations.
Narrative in the way they close the gap between people’s fantasies and their realities
Embodied so that new ideas can filter down into renewed systems and behaviours.
Experience how these tools can increase your presence, access your genius and the genius of your clients and impact your business.
Re-frame how you coach and facilitate forever.
Here is what others have said about the tools in trying them out:
“The Playing Mantis Essentials course has enabled me to do the most meaningful work of my life.” – Ester Kruger – Senior Consultant Neuroscience and Change at Bioss Southern Africa
”The tools and insights I gained from the Playing Mantis Essentials course have really enriched the workshops I run. They connect fun, creative activities with opportunity for meaningful reflection and learning.” Tracy Brownlee – Brand Strategist and Facilitator
The SNE Essentials Course will give you:
1. An overview of the Strategic Narrative Embodiment TM model and the techniques that relate to it.
2. A toolkit filled with activities and templates that you can use in your coaching and facilitation practice.
3.A deep personal experience to reconnect you to the purpose and significance of your own coaching and facilitation work.
4. Opportunities to try out and experiment with the tools in real time with peers to get used them and get feedback on your own facilitation technique.
Materials and other benefits:
- An SNE Essentials Toolkit including:
- 15 improvisation exercises that prepare people for deeper work
- 10 Strategic Narrative exercises that take them further into story
- A handbook that contains explanations and theory on all the techniques
- Templates for designing experiences according to the Strategic Narrative Embodiment TM model.
- Access to the Playing Mantis online community.
- A special price for attending Playing Mantis Coach and Facilitator practice sessions.
The course consists of two modules of two days each, plus an assessment. Both modules and the assessment must be completed before certification is possible.
This leading edge course blends the latest neuroscience theory and experiential learning techniques for better results than you thought possible. With over 18 years of experience and research in organisational psychology, theatre arts, applied improvisation and coaching Playing Mantis has developed a powerful model, the Strategic Narrative Embodiment model, to create meaningful shift in an increasingly volatile, ambiguous and complex world.
- Introduction – 6 eLearning modules
- Story-Strategy – 1 eLearning module and 3 90 min live online sessions
- Applied Improvisation – – 1 eLearning module and 3 90 min live online sessions
- Integration and written assignment – 1 X 90 min live online session, written assignment based on your practice. Final assessment and certification.
Component 1: Introduction – 6 eLearning modules
Module 1: Aims and objectives
Module 2: Current realities – trends in organisational training and development
Module 3: The call to SHIFT
Module 4: Debate – ethical considerations
Module 5: Preparing for the journey – working with the brain
Module 6: Crossing the threshold – Action
Component 2: STORI-Strategy – 1 eLearning module and 1.5 days face to face training OR 3 90 min live online sessions
Module 7: Preparing for the next leg of the journey – Story Strategy
Live session 1: The journey so far – Reviewing Modules 1-6
Live session 2: Preparing to design a process– Story-strategy
Live session 3: Tests and trials – Design a story-strategy for a client, assignment 1.
Component 3: Applied Improvisation – – 1 eLearning module and 1.5 days face to face training OR 3 90 min live online sessions
Module 8: Confronting the script – Applied Improvisation
Live session 4: Confronting the script – Experiencing Applied Improvisation
Live session 5: Reward – Applying Story-strategy and Applied improv to your personal journey
Live session 6: Return to do it yourself – Participants facilitate applied Improv, Assignment 2
Component 4:Integration and written assignment – 0.5 day face to face meeting OR 1 X 90 min live online session plus written assignment based on your practise.
Live session 7: Letting go to commit – What we take from this course, what we leave behind.
Final assignment: Doing and reflecting on a process in your practise.
Evaluation & Assignment Policy (see Course requirements)
Each of the course components contribute 25% of the overall mark:
- 25%: Introduction – 6 eLearning modules
- 25%: Introduction Story-Strategy – 1 eLearning module and 1.5 days face to face training OR 3 90 min live online sessions
- 25%: Introduction Applied Improvisation – – 1 eLearning module and 1.5 days face to face training OR 3 90 min live online sessions
- 25%: Introduction Integration and written assignment – 0.5 day face to face meeting OR 1 X 90 min live online session plus written assignment based on your practise.
Your assessment has an eLearning piece, a process pieceas you try out the tools and an exam piece.
The eLearning piece consts of quizzes and assignments you submit as part of the eLearning modules. a minimum of 75% is required to gain access to the other components and become certified.
he process piece onsists of peer assessments during live sessions as you try out the tools and techniques you are learning.
The exam piece consists of you implementing the intervention you planned on the last day of the course and submitting your planning and a written essay in which you reflect on the experience.
We’ve packed the best and most useful techniques into this course. As you learn to love the tools, you can come back for advanced training in increasingly sophisticated techniques that can change the world for good.
Dates for 2019:
The free self paced component will go live in April and the fee baring line online components will happen in September and October. You will have a choice of Wednesdays 7:30 pm to 9pm or the repeat on Saturdays 9:30 am to 11:00 am. a minimum of 6 people must sign up for any of these times for it to be a viable group.
The first 12 people to complete the self paced module will receive R1500 ($150) discount on the rest of the course = R7500 instead of the full R9000 PLUS an extra R500 ($50) as a bonus.
Send me an interest email now, and you will be the firs to get notified when it goes live!
For more information or to book contact email@example.com
If you have any contacts regarding this course please contact me.