Last night was the first class in a series of 8 Improv theatre classes. The objective of the class was to get everyone in a playful mood and to let everyone connect and get to know each other. In order to do this we played some name games such as Name circle, Super Heroes and Bang Bang. To get more playful we played Bodyguard, Yes lets and Giants, Wizards and Goblins. We ended the class with a word association game (To do dodo).
Key concepts that came out of the class:
- To play you have to be present, focus on your fellow players and interact with your whole body not just your thoughts and words.
- Make your partner look good.
- We struggle to play because we are afraid of judgment so we try to hard
- It is okay to make a mistake. It’s often our fear of failure that causes us to fail.
- Everything is an offer even a mistake.
- Let go and focus on the process not the outcome.
What struck me about the class was how everyone really engaged and took part even though it was a first class. I would like to thank you all for that.
Please feel free to add your comments.
- What did you enjoy the most about the class?
- What was difficult for you?
- What new insight did you get?
- Anything else you’d like to share?